You value your cigar or your cigar client, and that’s why you bought a humidor. You already have a happy feeling that all is well. Your cigars are well protected and can’t get too soggy or dry out. Are you right anyway?
You may or may not be right. If your humidor comes with a high-quality humidifier, then things are fine. But, if the humidifier is low-quality or malfunctioned, you’re in big trouble. That’s because humidors can’t work effectively without a humidifier. The cigar humidifier works to provide the right humidity level, thus protecting your cigars from drying out.
There are many model types of humidor humidifiers to choose from that may complicate the selection, including electronic, foam, crystal, gel, beads, and even fan cigar humidifiers.
At LumBuy, we take your product needs seriously. Our selection criteria follow effective and proven analysis methods. It’s on that basis we present to you the following list of the 10 best humidor humidifiers.
Our Picks for the Best Cigar Humidifier
- All-purpose cigar humidifier: Boveda Humidity Control for Cigars/Tobacco
- Best power: Cigar Oasis Excel Electronic Humidor Humidifier
- Best beginner-friendly: Cigar Oasis Plus 3.0 Electronic Humidor Humidifier
- Popular cigar humidifier: Drymistat Humidor Humidifier Tubes for Cigars
- Best easily-installed: Cigar Humidifier for Increased Humidity
- Smallest electronic humidor humidifier: Cigar Oasis Ultra 3.0 Electronic Humidifier
- Best for large capacity: HumidiCup Electronic Cigar Humidifier
- Best crystal gel-based: Joe Cool Cigar Crystal Gel Humidifier
- Best antibacterial: HumidiCup® S1 Electric Cigar Humidifier
- Steady humidification: Xikar Crystal Humidor Humidifier 70% Perfect Humidity
1. All-Purpose Cigar Humidifier: Boveda Humidity Control for Cigars/Tobacco
Weight: 60 grams
Dimensions: 6 x 3.5 x 0.2
You don’t have to guess when to do humidifier refills if you use this Boveda humidity control. The automatic feature of this Boveda for cigars/tobacco allows it to carry out humidification for the humidor without any hassles like using beads, gels, and distilled water.
It’s an all-purpose cigar humidification system that gets used on all types of cigar humidors like cabinet humidors, desktop humidors, travel humidors, and so on. Using the Boveda for humidor humidity involves an easy process. Just pick its control packs and then place them on your humidor. After that, you can wait for everything to work automatically.
You’ll maintain your cigars efficiently as the Boveda will ensure the humidity levels don’t fluctuate, making the cigars not lose their flavor and essential oils. To maintain an ideal humidity level for your humidor, you have four different control packs with different RH percentages. These are 65%, 69%, 72%, and 75% RH packets.
- You have the option of choosing the right RH pack of 65, 69, 72, and 75 per cent TH. Choosing the right one for your needs helps you maintain and store the cigars at the right RH level.
- It gives you the option of choosing the number of control packs to use in your humidor.
- The cigar humidifier automatically adds and then absorbs moisture, keeping your cigars protected all the time. You don’t require adding gels, beads, water, or PGV to your Humidor.
- The Boveda control packs are durable and can last for 2-4 months for a wooden humidor and 6-9 months for an airtight humidor.
2. Best Power: Cigar Oasis Excel Electronic Humidor Humidifier
Dimensions: 6 x 2 x 3.5 inches
Weight: 1.5 pounds
You call it the best power humidifier for cigar humidors, knowing it’s an automatic and electronic product. There’s no exact substitute for it, and its humidification prowess will remove all your cigar worries.
Cigar Oasis Excel was released in 1997 as a fully electronic humidor humidifier, which only requires occasional distilled water refilling.
- It has a sealed design, making the cigar humidifier suitable for all styles of humidors.
- The Excel is powered using a thin cable made of electronic ribbon fitted to a micro-USB connection. It uses a standard USB-AC power adapter and doesn’t require any drilling or battery.
- It features enlarged Soft-Touch buttons, together with five large back-lit LCDs that display readings for temperature and humidity, humidity setpoint, and low-level water alerts.
- It Includes a fan with sensor control to circulate humidity all around.
3. Best Beginner-friendly: Cigar Oasis Plus 3.0 Electronic Humidor Humidifier
Weight: 1 pound
Dimensions: 6 x 2 x 3.5 inches
As a good humidor humidifier for a starter user, Cigar Oasis Plus comes fully electronic. Once you set it up, you will thereby require only occasional distilled water refilling. Although already set at 70% RH at the factory, you can alter it to suit your exact preference.
This electronic cigar humidifier features at the top of the most powerful of same-sized products. It will effectively humidify large humidors by taking advantage of its open design.
- It’s built with an open design, making the humidor humidifier the most powerful of its size.
- The cigar humidifier uses a thin electronic ribbon, a micro USB Connector, and a standard USB –AC power adapter.
- It uses soft and enlarged touch buttons and five large back-lit LCDs to show humidity and temperature readings.
- Its fan is sensor-controlled for humidity and air circulation.
4. Most Popular: Drymistat Humidor Humidifier Tubes for Cigars
Weight: 0.15 pounds
Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.75 x 0.75
The DryMistat is popular, and its popularity emanates from the revolutionary concept in its design and build-up. Its humidification system follows a two-way process where non-toxic chemicals get charged to form crystals filling the tube.
The charging by propylene chemical solution calls for no other addition but distilled water. On water addition, the crystals swell up but get to shrink on requiring more water, such that you don’t have to guess. The humidity level in the humidor will remain constant at 70%, thus keeping your cigars protected from drying up or ageing.
- The DryMistat humidor humidifier comes fully charged for immediate usage.
- It’s set to regulate humidity for about 25 cigars.
- The humidity level gets maintained at 70%.
- The humidifier for cigars utilizes a two-way process of crystals swelling upon adding water and shrinking when requiring water.
To use the DryMistat, follow the following steps:
- At first, prepare the cigar humidifier by opening it and refilling it with distilled water if necessary
- Check signs of it requiring water like crystals shrinking when needing water
- Don’t refill with the chemical solution(Pure Propylene Glycol) as it doesn’t evaporate
5. Best Easily-Installed: Cigar Humidifier for Increased Humidity
Weight: 0.01 pounds
Capacity: 50 liters
Dimensions: 2.5 x 2.5 x 0.6 inches
Among various humidor humidifiers, the cigar humidifier by Remightely Bright ranks at the top of the most easily-installed humidifiers for humidors. It features high-quality material, giving it a beautiful round shape. The cigar humidifier can get attached to your humidor or moisturizing jar.
It’s a powerful product with a strong cigar humidification system to promote your cigar’s ripening, make the cigar scent get more concentrated, and increase its taste.
- It’s well styled with a round gold shape and 3M magic patches, which can get attached to your humidor.
- It’s built with PVC material and polymer moisturizing cotton. With good sealing performance, it suits all cigar humidors and moisturizers.
- It comes with promoted fermentation ripening, increased mellow taste, a more concentrated scent, and strong moisturizing properties. Its moisturizing range of within 50 liters is the best among all cigar humidifiers.
6. Smallest Electronic Humidor Humidifier: Cigar Oasis Ultra 3.0 Electronic Cigar Humidifier
Power Source: AC
Capacity: 3 Cubic Feet
Weight: 5.5 Ounces
Dimensions: 4.55 x 13.8 x 3.25 inches
The Ultra 3.0 design makes it live up to its description of the smallest electronic humidifier for humidors. It’s the most attractive and sleek electronic humidor humidifier designed for mounting on the humidor lid.
It sits on a strong mounting magnet and together takes up minimum space in your humidor. With the Ultra 3.0, you will forget your cigars’ maintenance as it’s fully automatic.
- It’s sleek, attractive, and takes minimal space in your humidor.
- Uses a streamlined and thin electronic ribbon, a micro USB connector and a standard USB-AC power adapter.
- The cigar humidifier has soft-touch buttons plus five large backlit LCDs to show temperature and humidity readings.
- It features a cartridge with pre-treated water and uses only distilled water.
- The fitted fan with controlled sensor aid in air circulation in the humidor.
7. Best For Large Capacity: HumidiCup Electronic Cigar Humidifier
Weight: 11.57 Ounces
Dimensions: 6.22 X 1.97 X3.31 inches
The HumidiCup electronic humidifier features the biggest humidifiers, with enough efficiency to automatically handle humidity regulation. This cigar humidifier suits humidors up to 8 cubic feet with 800 cigar capacities.
The good thing is that no moisturizing liquids are required to operate the humidification system apart from distilled water. However, there’re no hassles with water refilling as it is only required once a month.
The humidor humidifier for cigars gets used with an external battery of 5 volts but won’t accept a cellphone power bank due to low current shut-down functionality.
- It’s built with high efficiency and can handle humidity regulation for humidors up to 8 cubic feet with a capacity of 800 cigars.
- The fan controlled by a micro-processor works by blowing moist airflow into the humidor from the water cartridge depending on the RH level recorded by the sensors.
- The humidity measurement got factory inspected to meet an accuracy range of plus/minus 3%.
- It’s easy to use, providing long-term humidification control, display and audio alarms for low water and fan error monitoring, and consistent free maintenance.
8. Best Crystal Gel-based: Joe Cool Cigar Crystal Gel Humidifier
Weight: 5.2 Ounces
Capacity: 4 Ounces
Dimensions: 2.7 x 2.7 x 2.38 inches
The Joe Cool is a great cigar humidifier for humidors and tops the list of the best gel humidor humidifiers. Its gel humidifier jars come already pre-charged and ready to get used. You just need to remove its cap and then place it in the humidor.
If the crystals start shrinking and go beyond the add line, you need to refill with Propylene Glycol Solution from Joe Cool.
- It’s built with a humidity maintenance ability of 70% RH.
- The gel will last up to 90 days, and then you refill.
- A 40z jar gets to humidify up to 100 cigars.
9. Best Antibacterial: HumidiCup® S1 Electric Cigar Humidifier
Power source: Corded Electric
Weight: 1 pound
Dimensions: 6 x 2 x 2.3 inches
With HumidiCup S1, an electronic humidor humidifier, you’re able to maintain your desired humidor humidity. It’s similar to the M1 model but carries a slimmer profile cartridge suitable for desktop humidors up to 3 cubic feet with a 150-cigar capacity.
Everything about this cigar humidifier is inbuilt, including a highly accurate sensor that measures the internal humidity level.
- It’s fitted with a highly accurate humidity sensor that measures the internal humidor humidity.
- A microprocessor to control the humidifier’s quiet fan that blows moist airflow into your humidor.
- It comes factory set at 70% RH, but you can adjust from 60-80%. A user can set a +/-5 calibration date.
- It has an easy and robust connection and a display/audio for low water.
- The S1 has a slim profile of 2.3 inches in height and is suitable for a desktop humidor.
10. Steady Humidification: Xikar Crystal Humidor Humidifier 70% Perfect Humidity
Capacity: 118 milliliters
Weight: 1.76 Ounces
Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches
The Xikar Crystal cigar humidifier will work slowly but can steadily release a constant 70% RH to protect your cigars fully. The crystals in the jar are durable and will last up to 90 days before a refill. It’s able to control humidification for up to 150 cigars.
As the water goes down, the crystals start shrinking to warn you about a refill with pre-mixed PG solution from Xikar.
- Offers constant humidification of 70%
- Can handle up to 150 cigars
- Crystals last up to 90 days
- You need to refill with a pre-mixed PG solution from Xikar
How to Choose the Right Humidor Humidifier for Cigars
A humidor for your cigars becomes great as long as it has a good humidification system. There’re many different types and styles of cigar humidifiers to choose from, like beads, electronics, bags, crystals, etcetera.
We analyze some of the available types to guide you in choosing the best humidor humidifier.
Beads Humidifier for Humidors
Humidors require a system that controls the humidity, keeping it at a balance of not too dry or wet. Beads humidifiers are the best option and get designed to control the humidity within the humidor.
They work both ways of absorbing excess moisture or getting rid of it. As the beads themselves aren’t wet, you wet them via a spraying bottle or syringe.
Electronic Humidor Humidifiers
Electronic humidifiers come in different sizes and suit different varieties of humidors. They’re fitted with cartridges used for holding water to moisturize the air within a humidor.
Some even feature automatic built-in sensors that monitor the humidor humidity.
Crystal Gel-based Humidor Humidifier
Gel and Crystal humidifiers for humidors contain small crystals that finally turn into a gel when getting wet. When you add distilled water, the process of the crystals turning into gel starts and then releases a fixed level of moisture for your cigars. These are easy to maintain as crystals are replaced after 12-24 months.
Traditional Foam-based Humidor Humidifiers
Foam-based humidifiers have been there for ages and are the oldest known humidifiers. They utilize super absorbent phenolic foam. When it gets soaked in water, the foam uses a capillary process to make the water come to the surface and release it for long periods.
However, they work only way of releasing the moisture and not absorbing it. To check whether to refill, you need to take a look at the hygrometer reading.
Cigar Humidifiers with a Fan
When the humidor humidifier fitted with a fan senses that the humidity level has gone down, it will activate the fan to circulate moisture. After detecting the right levels of humidity, the humidifier disables the fan automatically. It’s an automated system without any hassles.
Now since you have learned something about the best humidor humidifier, why don’t you also check out our other related guides as follows:
- Best humidor hygrometers
- Best cigar accessories
- Best humidors
- Walk-in DIY humidor
- Small humidors reviewed
- Best premium cigar humidors
- Cigar humidity
- Best cabinet humidors