A cable belt sander houses several features, which can leave a buyer confused. Are you struggling to settle on the best deal when it comes to buying a cable belt sander? This article is a condensed guide that talks about the top 5 best recommendations. It covers detailed descriptions of 5 highly recommended cable belt sanders.
Considerable Factors In Porter Cable Belt Sanders During Purchase
Before beginning, please take care of a few factors that you should look for in a porter cable belt sander. Here’s a compact list.
- Motor power decides how fast the sander will rotate. A slowly rotating sander isn’t efficient and gets the work done slowly. If you want to finish sanding quickly, always prefer a high motor power sander.
- The disc size governs how fast you can get the work done. A large disc size will be fast, while it’ll be troublesome when sanding small objects. Choose a disc size depending on your needs.
- Warranty is another factor since different sellers give different warranties on their products.
- Grit is another thing to consider.
- Raw materials used to manufacture the product are essential. Go for products made of metals such as steel.
Our Top 5 Porter Cable Belt Sander Recommendations
Here are our picks when it comes to buying a porter cable belt sander.
|Item Name||Motor Power||Disc Size||Warranty||Buy Link|
|PORTER-CABLE Random Orbit Sander, 5-Inch (382)||1.9 amperes||5 inches||1-year free service in addition to a limited warranty of 3 years||Buy|
|PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Sheet Sander, Tool Only (PCCW201B)||1.9 amperes||Not available (tool only)||3 years limited warranty||Buy|
|PORTER-CABLE 362V 4-Inch by 24-Inch Variable Speed Belt Sander||12 amperes||4 inches||3 years limited warranty||Buy|
|PORTER-CABLE 120-Volt 8-Amp Corded Belt Sander||8 amperes||N/A (belt type sander)||1-year free service in addition to a limited warranty of 3 years||Buy|
|352VS3 X 21 IN. VARIABLE-SPEED BELT SANDER||8 amperes||N/A (belt type sander)||1-year free service in addition to a limited warranty of 3 years||Buy|
PORTER-CABLE Random Orbit Sander, 5-Inch High Speed Belt Sander Electric
The sander features a 100% sealed ball bearing design, which offers high speed for sanding. The result of high-speed sanding is a fine and smooth finish. Moreover, the medium grit type ensures that almost any surface can be sanded with ease.
You can run this sander on AC or DC power. It has a long switch life, but manual abuse and lacking care and maintenance can hinder longevity. This lightweight product is durable and suited for DIY projects in addition to professional use.
It’s compatible with a 5-inches hook and loop sandpaper with 8 holes. This sander has a plastic body with a rubber handle grip, while the rest of the internal parts of made of steel.
- Can run on DC power, which widens the power supply options.
- The switch is sealed, keeping it safe from dust, hence increasing the life expectancy.
- You cannot use it continuously for a long time.
- Overheating can introduce internal faults.
PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Sheet Sander, Tool Only (PCCW201B) Portable Belt Sander Cheap
With a medium grit option, this sander operates on 20 volts of DC power. There’s an adjustable speed dial, which allows users to adjust the sander’s speed as desired. The switch is dust-proof, which ensures durability and avoids internal faults to some extent.
A built-in vacuum hose is responsible for dust suction, so the users don’t encounter respiratory health issues. There’s a rubber grip on the handle for better grip and user control over the sander.
- Lightweight and compact products allow sanding on almost any surface.
- 9,000 to 12,000 OPM is suited for professional use.
- DC motors cannot match the output achieved with AC motors.
- Buying this product demands shopping battery and charger separately, which is an added expense.
PORTER CABLE 362V Variable Speed Belt Grinder 4×24 Belt Sander Best Cordless Belt Sander Battery Powered
The motor is quite powerful, which can sand any surface evenly and smoothly in no time. Its design features the motor to be located above the platen. As a result, users will have better control over the sander.
There’s a speed adjustment feature for precise speed control. Though it’s a lightweight product, some muscle power is highly crucial for complete control over the sander.
- Convenient design for better output and handling.
- Adjustable speed control.
- Limited warranty.
- High power consumption.
PORTER-CABLE 120-Volt 8-Amp Corded Belt Sander Electric Hand Held Belt Sander Heavy Duty
With the ability to operate on AC power only, this sander has an adjustable speed option, making it easier for the users to control speed precisely as required. It uses a belt and a gear system, which is responsible for the sander rotation.
The 8 amperes motor allows speed variation from 850 to 1300 SFPM. Users can use this sander for flush sanding, even on vertical surfaces. It houses many more minor yet highly useful features such as a lever for quick belt release, belt-tracking knob, convenient motor location above the platen, etc.
- Low power consumption.
- Allows sanding vertical surfaces.
- The belt can break down easily due to overheating or extensive use.
- The belt and gear system tend to fail, hence becoming inefficient.
352VS3 X 21 IN. VARIABLE-SPEED BELT SANDER Heavy Duty Best Cordless Belt Sander Battery Powered
The sander works only on AC power and has an 8 amperes motor. The built-in dust bag can move 360 degrees, which adds to the convenience and ease of access. It uses a belt and gear system for rotating the sander.
Adjustable speed design ranges from 850 to 1300 SFPM. The belt is trackable with a convenient belt-tracking knob through the fingertips. Consider this sander to be quite heavy since the weight is estimated to be 10.7 lbs.
- The package includes a removable dust bag and sanding belt, eliminating the need for additional shopping.
- AC motor gives better output than DC motors.
- Lacking DC power compatibility makes it dependent only on alternating current.
- The sander can fail if run continuously for a long time
By now, the top 5 sander recommendations were briefed. While the information is compact, it covers the basic things that you must know. Prices are subject to change, and the same product might be available at different shops for different prices. Therefore, don’t forget to perform research before buying anything.