Everybody entertains random thoughts once in a while, like why some modern toilets have tanks while some don’t.
Tankless toilets are popular in most stately homes and luxury hotels. All you walk into is a fancy ceramic vase sitting pretty on a pristine porcelain floor. And if you have never experienced such, you will be treated to a full-blown spectacle.
Over the years, tankless WCs have grown in popularity. This sophisticated lot does not rely on a brimming cistern to suction waste from the toilet bowl. Instead, it employs the siphon mechanism to vacuum all the waste into the sewers. This technology traps any lingering odor and sucks it into the sewer pipes.
It is all about gravity and pressure. The sophisticated mechanisms expel water at high pressure from underneath the bowl. If you are looking at investing in a good tankless toilet for your building, you will need a deeper understanding of that. The market is a vast mixed bag of brands, and it can get confusing, especially if you don’t already have something in mind. In this article, we have encased everything you need to know about tankless toilets and the most reliable brands in the market.
Keep scrolling to find out our best picks and all the fine details.
In this article:
Our Pick for the Best Tankless Toilets for Home
1. Best Overall: VOVO STYLEMENT TCB-8100B Smart Bidet Toilet, Dual Flush Tankless Toilet for Home
This tankless smart toilet is our best overall because it is one of the most reliable in the market, among other excellent features and characteristics. A smart seat sensor can detect the user to distinguish between small flush and large flush. Isn’t that too smart for a toilet? Listen to this, it provides hands-free operation, and you don’t need to lift a finger.
It even gets better. This tankless bidet toilet has a self-cleaning stainless steel nozzle. The nozzle has auto deodorization to eliminate the odor through suctioning into the sewer pipes. The remote controller that comes with this tankless toilet performs posterior, feminine, and turbo-wash functions.
What we loved most about this VOVO masterpiece was the tankless flushing system. This provides a powerful tornado wash that cleans the inner bowl with fresh water from the pipe. Unlike the standard toilets, it does not use the stale water you normally find sitting halfway on the bawl. This tankless toilet bidet truly provides the refreshment we all need when we walk into the restroom.
Specifications: Brand: VOVO STYLEMENT, Item Weight: 81.6 Pounds, Style: TCB-8100B, Material: Stainless steel, Batteries: Yes, Battery Cell: Alkaline.
- It is a hands-free operation.
- Self-Cleaning stainless steel nozzle.
- It provides auto-deodorization.
- The design is eco-friendly.
- It comes with a semi-permanent strainer and filter.
- The feminine wash does not go forward.
- The dryer is hot even at its lowest temperature.
- You cannot sit on the closed lid.
2. Best Seller: Swiss Madison Well Made Forever SM-1T254 Tankless Commode
Swiss Madison outdid themselves with this sophisticated design. The elongated and comfortable height bowl is something to write home about. It gives an impression of a sleek and luxurious design. Besides that, the comfort from the backrest is unmatched. This tankless toilet seat has unmatched comfortability that you would often find yourself browsing and doing unrelated stuff in the toilet.
This floor-mounted tankless toilet features a dual flush. This gives you options once you are done with your calls. You could choose partial or full, but whatever the case, this allows you to be fiscally and environmentally conscious.
There is more. The cleaning of this tankless commode is easier thanks to the quick-release hinges. This will unlatch the seat from the toilet. From there, you can comfortably do a thorough cleaning of your utility without worrying about the dirt that might be trapped and hidden in the nooks and crannies of the folded edges.
Specifications: Brand: Swiss Madison, Item Weight: 120 Pounds, Material: Ceramic, Batteries: No, Installation: Floor Mounted
- It has a modern design.
- It is versatile and compliments with variety of styles.
- It is easy to clean.
- Sleek and pleasing aesthetics.
- Soft closing seat.
- It is easy to install.
- It is heavy.
- The material used is cheap and not so appealing.
- The seat is too low.
3. Best Eco-Friendly: VOVO STYLEMENT TCB-090S Smart Bidet Toilet Tankless Toilet for Home
We picked this tankless toilet as the most eco-friendly because it reduces toilet paper and water usage. Water is a resource that we all must save as much as possible. That is why a toilet that economizes its usage is becoming a trend. It relieves the ecosystem of the burden of water shortage. The design of the smart tankless toilet is ingenious and thoughtful.
Several features and characteristics impressed us on this over other brands. The automatic dual flush, for example, is epic. The smart sensor in it detects the user. It is also capable of distinguishing between a small and a large flush. While at it, it provides a hands-free operation.
On top of all the above, this modern tankless toilet comes with a wireless remote controller and auto-deodorization. This enables it to perform several functions. You can instruct it with the remote to perform posterior, feminine, and turbo wash. Talking of wash, the tankless washing system in this fancy vase produces a powerful tornado wash with fresh water direct from the pipes.
Specifications: Brand: VOVO Corporation, Item Weight: 114.8 Pounds, Style: TCB-090S, Material: Stainless steel, Batteries: No, Installation: Floor Mounted.
- It is stylish and an outright steal.
- The water pressure is great, and flushing is powerful.
- The remote control is easy to understand.
- Installation directions are easy to understand and follow.
- The water heater can’t keep up with the rinse cycle.
- Installation is manual.
4. Best Efficient: SANIFLO Sanicompact Dual-Flush System Tankless Commode for Small Bathrooms
SANIFLO is a brand that has an excellent reputation and good customer service after-care. This particular tankless toilet masterpiece is self-contained and versatile. It has a dual-flush system that is easy to operate. This operation takes up a half-bathroom to 9 feet below the sewer line. Others might prefer to go deeper, even up to 1200 feet!
This tankless toilet for home is ideal for residential use. It works by discharging gray water from a sink and draining it into an elaborate horse connection at the back of the toilet seat. We love that it uses less water than regular toilets without any caveats. You will still get all the efficiency, and nothing is compromised.
There is more to explore with this tankless RV toilet. For example, the push button activates a timer. There is also the solenoid valve. When you push them simultaneously, it fills up the wash bowl and swishes every waste down the drain. Away from that, you get a 2-year warranty and an extension year with registration. My take? You might want to try out this bad boy for your home.
Specifications: Brand: SANIFLO, Item Weight: 62.2 Pounds, Style: Sanicompact, Material: Plastic, Batteries: No, Installation: Floor Mounted
- It comes with a bonus half bath.
- It is a dual-purpose system.
- It is highly efficient and reliable.
- Technical specifications and whatnots are satisfactory.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty.
- It is very noisy when flushing.
- Installing it is an elaborate tedious fr
5. Best Adjustable: Swiss Madison Well Made Forever SM-WT449 Tankless Toilet for Small Bathrooms
Have you ever thought of saving space in your bathroom despite the toilet bowl? This small tankless toilet is the best shot to help you do just that. The carrier tank is concealed, so all you have is a fancy porcelain vase for a bowl! It is a versatile and thoughtful design ideal for residential and commercial restrooms.
Despite the concealed tank, you still get easy access to the plumbing system. This is made possible by the actuator plate. Away from the physics whatnots, you will enjoy a seamless-sleek design that helps to improve your interior décor. The porcelain urinal is scratch resistant, and the thoughtful outlay of the bowl makes it easy to clean.
We love that the shape of the bowl is elongated to allow for more space and improve comfort. The height is adjustable as well, with a quick-release seat. This tankless toilet comes with everything you need to install. You might need a plumber to help with that, but that does not mean it is a rocket science affair.
Specifications: Brand: Swiss Madison Well Made Forever, Item Weight: 58 Pounds, Style: Modern, Material: Porcelain, Batteries: No, Installation: Wall Mounted.
- It saves on space.
- It comes with a soft closing seat.
- Its height is adjustable.
- The design is sleek and modern.
- It is easy to clean.
- It is compatible with other brands.
- It’s not sturdy or secure enough.
- The flush doesn’t clean well.
6. Most Comfortable: Swiss Madison SM-1T256 Carre One Piece Elongated Tankless Water Closet WC
We loved the clean lines and fluid curves on this one. Its pristine and smooth ceramic body brings forth its elegance that improves the décor of your bathroom. It is a graceful design with improved comfort. This is all thanks to the elongated bowl that offers more space to improve your comfort as you go on your calls. You must be comfortable when going on such calls.
The dual flush urinal is another feature that makes this indoor tankless flush toilet better than other brands. Its attractive design saves much water compared to standard flush toilets. If interior décor is your forte, you can play around with many other Carre collections to create a personalized décor in your bathroom. They have many elegant fixtures that will bring great improvement and sophistication to any bathroom could need.
The soft closing seat is gentle and quiet. To be honest, it is so hard to scroll past this. What with the attractive prices, this is an absolute steal! It has an easy-to-clean design, and it would be hard not to reach all its nooks and crannies. As the cherry on top, this masterpiece is ADA-compliant for residential installations.
Specifications: Brand: Swiss Madison Well Made Forever, Item Weight: 107 Pounds, Style: Top Dual-Flush, Material: Ceramic, Batteries: No, Installation: Floor Mounted.
- It has high-performance gravity.
- It is a dual flush.
- The square shape adds room and comfort.
- The closing seat is soft, quiet, and gentle.
- Easy to clean.
- The seat doesn’t have the desired rigidity.
- It is not sturdy enough for comfort.
7. Most Elegant: Swiss Madison Well Made Forever Ivy SM-WT450 American Standard Residential Tankless Toilet WC
This waterless tank toilet urinal is one of the most elegant toilet ceramic bowls. If you love aesthetics and attractive interior décor in every part of your home, then this is a catch! It gives a simple touch of style; therefore, it saves on space because it is wall-mounted.
The carrier tank is completely concealed, and you can barely tell if it is connected to elaborate invisible pipes. But even with that, nothing is compromised. It offers simple access to the plumbing system through the actuator plate.
The best part that made us pick this brand as one of the best is that it is easy to clean and maintain. It is effortless to clean it thoroughly without having to dismantle it. The best part is this tankless toilet is compatible with other Carrier brands; therefore, you can play around with a variety of their designs.
Specifications: Brand: Swiss Madison Well Made Forever, Item Weight: 48 Pounds, Style: Top Dual-Flush, Material: Ceramic, Batteries: No, Installation: Wall Mounted.
- High-performance gravity.
- It is compatible with other brands.
- It is easy to clean.
- Easy to maintain.
- The seat closes quietly and gently.
- It comes with everything required for installation.
- It is noisy and splashes on flush.
8. Best High-Performance: Swiss Madison Indoor Forever SM-WT442 Residential Tankless Toilet
This is an industrial toilet for small bathrooms with an elegant design. The smooth and pristine porcelain build is hard to scratch; therefore, it can maintain its gleam for as long as it takes. However, you must be careful not to use harsh and non-recommended cleaning bleaches to avoid tampering with the milk-white color.
On top of that, its seamless design is easy to clean. Accessing every fold and crevice is made easy by thoughtful design. This indoor tankless wall-hung toilet features a Slymm soft close quick-release seat. This helps to slowly and quietly bring down the lid.
SM-WT442 is compatible with all the Carrier brands. This makes it easier to access the spare parts when the need arises. On top of that, it comes with all the bolts and screws for installation. Though you might need a plumber or a handyman to install it, it is not such an elaborate procedure. It all sounds good, but the supply line is not included.
Specifications: Brand: Swiss Madison Well Made Forever, Item Weight: 19.26 Pounds, Style: Modern, Material: Ceramic, Batteries: No, Installation: Wall Mounted.
- It has a dual flush.
- High-performance gravity.
- Easy to clean design.
- The soft close-and-quick release seat.
- It is a great space-saver.
- It is not easy to install.
How to Choose a Residential Tankless Toilet?
You may have wondered whether you can have a tankless toilet for your home. If yes, what would you look out for when buying one? These toilets are not versatile, and you must only pick what is perfect for your space.
There are commercial tankless toilets ideal for commercial or crowded places, and there are those for homes. These are mostly tankless wall-hung toilets designed to occupy minimum space while providing the required comfort.
So here is the million-dollar question; how do you choose a tankless toilet? It is easy peasy! All you have to do is look for certain features and characteristics that improve its performance and reliability over other brands.
Without any further ado, let’s dive right into what you should look out for in a tankless toilet.
The first thing I would look at is the design of the toilet bowl because I love anything that improves my interior decor. I would ask myself, will this look appealing inside my bathroom? People are aesthetic in nature, and we are often drawn to attractive people and objects. Owning a tankless toilet is becoming a trend. Whether considering a tankless wall-mounted toilet or a floor bidet, go for something that stands out.
2. High-Performance Gravity
Go for a tankless toilet with high-performance gravity. This tends to swish away everything in the bowl in one flush. This simply means that your tankless toilet must have a high-pressure water supply in a single flush. You don’t want to struggle to flush away your business to pour buckets and buckets of water for it to siphon into the sewers.
3. Hands-Free Automated Flushing
This is ideal for commercial places like hotels and office areas. It reduces the wild spread of bacteria due to mass usage. Hands-free also helps to diminish recurring odors. We are not saying that hands-free automated flusher in a toilet is limited to commercial places, it also works as the best tankless toilet for home option.
4. Personal Cleansing
If you are an earth person, this is it for you. This eco-friendly feature creates an option for universe lovers by reducing the need for tissue paper. It also reduces the amount of water spent after every visit to the restroom. Above all else, it is a good option for personal hygiene as you will no longer have to smudge yourself and struggle to clean up, especially after a long call.
5. Closing Seat
A soft closing seat is very important in any toilet. Whether tankless or one with a tank, ensure that your it comes with a lid. This is because human feces contain billions of bacteria, and you want to minimize that as much as possible. Especially if you have young children curious about every nook and cranny of your home, you can create a safe environment for them by taking such measures as installing toilets with lids.
6. Water Consumption
Water is a very scarce resource, and we all must work hard to conserve it. Getting a water-conserving tankless toilet will help cut down on unnecessary water costs. Most tankless toilet designs use minimum water but without compromising on hygiene quality. According to research, 30% of water consumption in most homes goes to flushing toilets. You can already imagine the crazy bills at the end of the month, especially if you have a large family.
There are toilet bowl designs that are awkward. There are some which are not thoughtful enough to consider a variety of sizes of potential users. That said, double-check to ensure that the toilet bowl is comfortable for every family member. Remember that your bathroom should be the most comfortable place to retreat when the need arises.
How Does a Tankless Toilet Work?
A tankless toilet does not rely on a cistern for water supply. Instead, it draws from underground pipes and sewers. The water pressure is normally high for it to climb up and clean the toilet bowl when flushed. With all the force and pressure, it is hard for the toilet bowl not to be clean after such a tornado.
Tankless Wall Mounted Toilet VS Floor Mounted Tankless Toilet
The placement of a toilet seat in your bathroom is very important. But that decision is entirely left to you. This is because all these depend on your taste and what you want for your bathroom. Here’s a quick review of a wall-mounted VS a floor-mounted tankless toilet.
1. Appearance- Wall-hung tankless toilets are more modern and appealing. They are also minimalistic and take up less space in your bathroom. Floor-mounted tankless toilets, on the other hand, are more traditional. They occupy more space and tend to display all their accessories.
2. Space Saving- Wall-mounted tankless toilets efficiently save on space. This is ideal if you are battling space as it takes up less. This way, you will be left with more room for other add-on decors. The floor-mounted tankless toilets will, on the other hand, consume more space. If your bathroom is small, you will have to do away with other installations as this does not give room for that.
3. Height- Floor-mounted tankless toilets are not the best choice regarding height adjustment. This is because they must be installed on the floor. On the other hand, the wall-mounted toilets will give room for adjustment. They can take various heights, but it all depends on your preference.
4. Installation- It is much easier to install a floor-mounted tankless toilet over a wall-hung tankless toilet. For the wall-hung tankless toilet, you will need elaborate plumbing as it needs complex reinforcements to stay put under your weight when sitting on it.
5. Noise- The floor-mounted tankless toilet makes more noise than its wall-mounted counterpart because, for the wall-hung toilets, the tanks are buried deeper; therefore, you will not even hear the refilling after a flush.
Pros and Cons of Tankless Toilets
It is often said that there is always the other side to a coin. That is true. We have said a lot about tankless toilets for homes, and it is time to delve into what makes and what breaks it. A tankless toilet is an elegant solution to traditional toilets, but; before you rip off what you have, read through these pros and cons and see how you feel after that.
· They take up less space -It is ideal if you save up space for other installations and add-ons. Especially if you are going for the wall hung over the floor-mounted design.
· They are elegant and modern- We all love interior décor, and we always strive to keep our homes attractive and more appealing to live in. That includes the state of our toilets. A tankless toilet will bring forth a touch of elegance and a dash of fashion to your toilet. It brings your home up to date.
· They use less water- Most tankless toilets use a specific amount of water when flushed. They are the ultimate water-saving machines that also allow you to choose how much you want to spend in a flush. This is all thanks to the dual-flush system.
· They require less maintenance- This is the beauty of this bad boy. Tanks are always the troublemakers in any given toilet. But what happens when we cut off the sore thumb? You will no longer have to worry about regular maintenance, of course. You will also never have to worry about leaks from the water cistern.
· Easy to clean- If there is any trophy, we have to give the tankless toilet. It is for its easy-to-clean system. Especially if it is wall-mounted, you will have easy access to every nook and cranny, every fold and crevice. And that’s how accessible all the corners of a toilet ought to be because they are prone to breed bacteria, germs, and even viruses.
· They are expensive- Unlike regular toilets, you are most likely to spend your arm and foot on this one. Tankless toilets require elaborate plumbing, in contrast to its counterpart that only needs standard plumbing. Besides that, the water pressure must be on turbo mode for efficiency.
· Requires Professional Installation- Installing a tankless toilet is not a DIY affair. You must avoid regular plumbing because of clumsily fixed pipes and other assisting parts. You will need an expert professional to do a perfect job.
· They Depend on Electricity- This is its biggest undoing. You need to connect your tankless toilet to a power source. This means that apart from the plumbing fee, you will need an extra fee for an electrician. That is if you don’t already have electric outlets in your toilet. What this means is if the power cuts, you don’t get to use your toilet.
Is a TOTO Tankless Toilet Better than a Kohler Tankless Toilet
According to the ratings and reviews, Kohler tankless toilet seems to be a brand of the people. But this is not to say that TOTO is far behind. On a scale of 5, Kohler takes 4-stars while TOTO takes 3-stars. However, Kohler is an efficient and trustworthy brand in producing regular toilets. But if you are seeking the tankless option, TOTO is equally superior, efficient, and, most importantly, a reliable brand.
If you love your interior popping, why not a tankless toilet? These baddies are elegantly sleek, and they will fit seamlessly in the small of your bathroom. Besides that, they come in handy in economic logistics. Tankless toilets are great for water saving, and as we all know, water is a very scarce resource that we pay dearly to have. A tankless toilet is the best way to cut down on that huge water bill in your mailbox.