With a modular lightweight load-carrying equipment (MOLLE) backpack, you can travel to other countries flexibly and independently. You can have all the important things with you and comfortably carry your survival kits on your back. Military MOLLE backpacks are also ideal for long trekking tours through nature. However, the backpack market, estimated to be a $13.9 billion industry, is already saturated. So, navigating your way to find the right model may be a challenge.
But we’ve managed to pick the 8 best Molle backpacks made by manufacturers who are known for high-standard products. You can use them for military, camping, hiking, and other outdoor use.
Our Picks for Best Molle Backpack
- Best overall Molle backpack: REEBOW GEAR Military MOLLE Bag Backpack
- Best large capacity Molle backpack: Mardingtop MOLLE Hiking Backpack
- Best budget Molle backpack: Hannibal Tactical MOLLE Assault Backpack
- Best premium Molle backpack: 5.11 RUSH72 Tactical Military MOLLE Backpack
- Best Lightweight Molle backpack: Monoki Military Tactical Backpack for Men
- Best Molle pack for hunting and survival: Gelindo Army MOLLE Bag
- Best versatile Molle backpack: EMDMAK Military MOLLE Backpack
- Best value for money: Himal 3-Day Military Tactical Assault Pack MOLLE Bag Rucksack
Best Overall MOLLE backpack
- Product name: REEBOW GEAR Military MOLLE Bag Backpack
- Material: Nylon and polyester
- Dimensions: 13 x 20 x 11 inches
- Weight: 3 lbs
- Capacity: 40 liters
- Price: $37.99
This military-grade backpack from Reebow Gear contains a huge interior compartment that is perfect for storing survival items. It also includes the MOLLE webbing system that expands the bag’s organizational capacity.
Don’t worry about wasting time or getting dehydrated, as this Molle backpack is compatible with a hydration bladder. It has an ultramodern and sleek military design. However, it’s as versatile as it is stylish.
This 3-day water-resistant assault pack backpack has durable zippers and drawstrings as well as a double-stitched inner layer. Also, for better comfort of use, the bag’s shoulder straps are adjustable, ventilated, and padded.
With the possibility of expanding the backpack with the Molle belt system and its compatibility with hydration bladders, this Molle backpack is ideal for explorers and adventurers alike!
The modern elite military backpack with a capacity of 40 liters is a robust and durable army bag made of high-quality, water-repellent 600D fabric.
It has a spacious main compartment, Molle-secured outer pockets, as well as a 2-liter water bottle carrying compartment with a zipper.
The durable Molle shoulder straps made of mesh ensure comfortable carrying, while the ergonomic hip belt provides even weight distribution, thus guaranteeing comfort and convenience. Hikers, campers, hunters, and anglers will love this tactical backpack from Reebow Gear.
- Double-stitched for heavy-duty use
- Made from a high-density fabric
- Water-resistant and durable material
- Made for versatile and heavy-duty use
- Sold for a low price
- Storage capacity is not large enough
Best Large Capacity Molle Backpack
- Product name: Mardingtop MOLLE Hiking Backpack
- Material: 600D polyester
- Dimensions: 13.8 x 9.1 x 32.3 inches
- Weight: 4.98 lbs
- Capacity: 75 liters
- Price: $89.99
With a capacity of 75 liters, the Molle tactical backpack from Mardingtop is ideal for your long trekking tour or a long hike. This molle backpack contains a rain cover that protects against heavy rain.
There are pockets on the sides for your drinking bottles. You can fill the backpack from the top of the front and close the lower part with a pull lock. This gives you a compartment that can be operated from the outside, in which you can, for example, pack your dirty laundry or your shoes. There are also two small compartments on the hip belt for little things you want to have close at hand.
This Molle backpack has a water-repellent fabric coating. To avoid potential damage, do not wash the pack with bleach, fabric softener, or liquid laundry detergents. It would help if you only used a damp cloth for cleaning the Mardingtop hiking backpack. Then let it air-dry.
- Includes an interior laptop compartment
- Made from waterproof polyester material
- Includes a rain cover
- Lots of MOLLE loops for attaching objects
- You can adjust the chest strap in height and the hip strap in length
- The backpack is available in 18 colors
- Grab handle stitching is flimsy; made of thin fabric
Best Budget Molle Backpack
- Product name: Hannibal Tactical MOLLE Assault Backpack
- Material: 600D Oxford fabric
- Dimensions: 13 x 12 x 20 inches
- Weight: 3.2 lbs
- Capacity: 36 liters
- Price: $29
Hannibal Tactical stands out in this review for its great versatility and robustness. The Molle Assault Pack is a backpack made from high-density fabric, ensuring optimal performance. In addition, the back area is padded with ventilated mesh. The shoulder straps are also very comfortable.
Moreover, to stay well hydrated, you can supplement the equipment by adding a 2 to 3 liters hydration pack as the backpack comes with a hydration bladder. It has a capacity of 36 liters, which, even though it’s not a large bag, allows you to carry a lot of useful accessories for your travels, hiking, or camping. Also, it has five compartments of different sizes.
It also has interior pockets discreetly arranged so you can organize and secure various useful tools and accessories for any outing. If you have an adventurous spirit, it will be an excellent helper for camping, taking long walks in the open air, enjoying a great experience of hunting, fishing, and other outdoor activities.
- Ideal for people with a low budget
- Sizeable for basic camping and military needs
- Includes elastic straps for carrying a tablet or laptop
- Made with a fabric that is very resistant to daily use
- Better overall quality than the
- Too many compartments but little space
Our Premium Pick For Molle Backpack
- Product name: 5.11 RUSH72 Tactical Military MOLLE Backpack
- Material: 1050D nylon
- Dimensions: 8 x 23 x 15 inches
- Weight: 5.5 lbs
- Capacity: 55 liters
- Price: $259.99
The 5.11 Rush 72 is a practical Molle backpack for high demands. It has a beautiful design and chic colors. This 5.11 Rush 72 Molle backpack is made of premium quality 1050D nylon material. Since the backpack is water-repellent, it performs optimally and reliably even in unfavorable weather conditions and offers complete moisture protection.
As the 5.11 Rush 72 backpack has numerous hard-wearing Molle loops, an almost unlimited number of additional items can be attached to the outside of the backpack using subsequently attached applications. A zippered compartment on the back can hold a hydro pack, which can be easily and securely attached with a strap.
The compartment for the hydration bladder allows the direct storage of a drinking tube. The Molle attached backpack has unique Velcro surfaces for attaching name tapes or other patches.
However, it is a little bit heavier than most other backpacks in this review. Meanwhile, it has padded and length-adjustable shoulder and chest straps,
- Huge capacity bag
- Made of high-quality 100% nylon material
- Multipurpose backpack
- Full-featured 3-day bag
- Still a little bit smaller than described
- The price is high
Best Lightweight Molle Backpack
- Product name: Monoki Military Tactical Backpack
- Material: 900D Oxford Fabric
- Dimensions: 11.81″x19.68″x11.81″
- Weight: N/A
- Capacity: 35 L or 42 L
- Price: $185.00
Monoki is made from double-stitched, high-density 900-denier fabric for durability and water resistance. The backpack can serve as a small overnight camping bag, urban EDC backpack, hunting backpack, hiking backpack, or travel bag.
Monoki features MOLLE stitched webbing. The tactical backpack measures approximately 11.81″x19.68″x11.81″ and has a capacity of 42L. You can use the hip belt to transfer the load to the hips for larger loads. The pack is compatible with 35L or 42L hydration bladders.
The tactical backpack has multiple compartments and dual zipped pockets. The large compartment features elastic straps to secure a laptop or other items, and there are three rows of molle velcro areas on the front of the backpack. The adjustable shoulder and waist belts allow you to secure the pack better. The shoulder has two D-rings for hanging things.
- sternum & waist straps for heavy loads
- MOLLE webbing system
- The waist straps are not padded
Best Molle Pack for Hunting and Survival
- Product name: Gelindo Army MOLLE Bag
- Material: Oxford fabric
- Dimensions: 18 x 10.5 x 11 inches
- Weight: 3 lbs
- Capacity: 35 liters
- Price: $31.99 to $39.99
This military backpack from the Gelindo brand has the MOLLE system and a capacity of 35 liters. Designed for long hikes outdoors, it is pretty light because of the Oxford material, which is tear-resistant and ruggedly tough.
The Molle backpack has many pockets and compartments. You can even hang a water bag there as a location is provided for this purpose.
The zippers are solid. The shoulder straps are securely attached with quick-release buckles to easily detach the bag in the event of a major problem. This bag is therefore ideally suited to leisure in complete safety. It’s a very versatile backpack for camps, street snaps, hiking, traveling, and hunting.
- Light moderate-sized bag
- Expandable and comfortable to use
- Can hold camping supplies of up to three days
- Versatile; can be used for backpacking, hiking, traveling, and hunting
- Made from sturdy material.
- Doesn’t have a water bladder
- Weak padding of the shoulder straps
Best Versatile Molle Backpack
- Product name: EMDMAK Military MOLLE Backpack
- Material: 900D Nylon and Oxford fabric
- Dimensions: 15.36 x 19.69 x 11.81 inches
- Weight: 3.66 lbs
- Capacity: 42 liters
- Price: $39.99
The EMDMAK compact backpack is a tactical backpack designed with 900 density nylon and Oxford fabric. It has a Y-strap design and a Molle system. The storage space is suitable for an excursion of one to three days. Rain or spills are not a problem because the Molle pack is waterproof with nylon.
You can attach bulky equipment to the various attachment options. A tactical Molle backpack like this can be heavily loaded, as the well-padded shoulder straps make it easy to carry for several hours. It is a 42-liter capacity backpack that you can also use when hiking.
The set of mesh and zipper pockets and military MOLLE technology provides more storage space, therefore offering the possibility of carrying more objects and accessories. In addition, this Molle backpack is unisex. Versatility, comfort, impeccable design, and durability are some of the characteristics of the 42L military backpack.
- Can hold supplies for three days camping
- Good adjustment of the straps
- Interior laptop compartment
- Large interior capacity
- It has lots of pockets
- Feels cheap
Best Value for Money Molle Backpack
- Product name: Himal 3-Day Military Tactical Assault Pack MOLLE Bag Rucksack
- Material: 900D Nylon and Oxford fabric
- Dimensions: 20 x 12 x 12 inches
- Weight: 2.9 lbs
- Capacity: 40 liters
- Price: $29.99
Super practical and versatile: this is a low-budget military backpack that is even more functional, practical and versatile with MOLLE technology. This feature allows you, among other things, to attach various accessories such as pockets, first aid tools, and tool bags.
Its dimensions are 20 x 12 x 12 inches, and its capacity is 40 liters. These characteristics make it perfect for fishing, trekking, hunting, cycling, and many other disciplines.
In addition, for hot days during a walk, the product is compatible with a hydration pouch.
The Molle backpack is made from 900D Oxford fabric, a very durable material that ensures the pack never gets deformed. In addition, this material guarantees durability and preserves it from softening caused by the accessories’ weight or constant use.
It has a ventilated mesh on the shoulder straps and the back to prevent heat from accumulating in these body parts. This allows you to feel comfortable without feeling the impact of the heat in the summer.
- Includes a shoulder strap and a belt for ease of use
- Multiple storage units
- Lightweight but heavy-duty backpack
- Good value for money
- 100% customer satisfaction guarantee and 1-year warranty
- Chest strap not fully adjustable
MOLLE backpacks offer a high level of sturdiness while holding an impressive amount of items. These military-grade backpacks will help you out with every adventure, hike, mountain climb, or cave hikes you go on. Analyze your needs and taste and pick one that suits you best.
Now since you have learned something about best Molle backpacks, why don’t you also check out our other related guides as follows:
- Best Molle panels
- Best Molle accessories
- Top Molle first aid kit
- Molle introduction
- Top Molle vests reviewed
- Best Molle pouches