Finding the best electric 4 wheeler for kids isn’t as easy as it sounds, and it becomes even more difficult when you try to find one that can be safely used in all types of terrains. But, if you’re willing to do your research, you can find one that will help you keep your children safe while they enjoy their new four-wheeled adventures.
We look at factors like speed, performance, battery backup, and much more to select these products based on user-friendliness. A young child can quickly learn to operate any of these models and have an exciting time riding them with friends and family members in the neighborhood or park. Let’s look at the top picks you should consider while purchasing an electric 4 wheeler for your child.
Our Picks for the Best Electric 4 Wheeler for Kids
- Best Overall: Razor Dirt Quad: 24V Electric 4-Wheeler For Kids
- Cheap Option: Kid Trax Caterpillar Electric 4 Wheeler for Toddler Ride-On Toy
- Best for Realistic Design: Power Wheels Trail Racer Electric 4 Wheeler for Kids Aged 3-7
- Best for Older Riders: Razor Dirt Quad 500 – 36V Electric 4 Wheeler for Kids Aged 14+
- Best for Sturdiness: Peg Perego 12V Electric 4 Wheeler for Kids with Multicolor Options
- Best for Cute Design: Kid Trax Disney Minnie Mouse Electric 4 Wheeler for Toddlers
- Best for Pink Option: Power Wheels Barbie Pink Racing Electric 4 Wheeler
- Amazon’s Choice: Best Choice Products 12V Ride-On Electric 4-Wheeler for Kids
1. Best Overall: Razor Dirt Quad: 24V Electric 4-Wheeler For Kids
Max Speed: 8 MPH
Material: Alloy Steel
Item Weight: 88.33 Pounds
Load Capacity: 120 Pounds
Dimensions: 101.6 x 57.15 x 78.74 Inches
Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0
The Razor Dirt Quad is a top-of-the-line, electric 4 wheeler that is perfect for kids between the ages of 6 and 12. With an ultra-powerful and fast 250-watt electric motor, it has an incredible max speed of 10 mph. The battery lasts up to 40 minutes on a single charge, but with its 3-hour charger, you can quickly charge it overnight for less downtime.
The electric vehicle toy also comes with a handy twist throttle, so your child doesn’t have to reach down or take their hands off the handlebars, which prevents them from falling off.
This is one of our favorite electric four wheelers because it has several protective features, such as hand guards and double-action handbrakes, so they don’t get hurt in case they fall off or make a mistake when learning to ride. It also comes in pink!
- One of the best electric 4 wheelers on the market in terms of battery life.
- Tons of protective features
- Safe riding
- Excellent customer service with a 30-day money-back guarantee if not satisfied.
- Cost more than other models (approximately $320)
- Only lasts 40 minutes per charge
- No front or rear brakes
- May be too large for small children to handle appropriately, which could lead to falls or tip-overs.
2. Cheap Option: Kid Trax Caterpillar Electric 4 Wheeler for Toddler Ride-On Toy
Max Speed: 2.5 MPH
Item Weight: 24 Pounds
Load Capacity: 60 Pounds
Dimensions: 34.75 x 24.5 x 31.75 Inches
Rating: 4.3 out of 5.0
An excellent first 4 wheeler for your child should be easy to drive and have low enough weight for them to handle. The electric toy from Kid Track is the right one we picked for your lovely toddlers.
With a load capacity of 60 lbs, this electric four wheeler is suitable for kids aged 3 to 5. The equipped LED headlights help light up your kids’ driveway, ensuring safe use even in the darkness.
Although the maximum speed of the toy car is only 2.5 mph, the foot pedal acceleration system still offers your kids a lifelike driving experience while keeping them safe.
- Well-built, durable, and affordable
- Realistic design with three-speed settings and working headlights
- Withstand rugged playtime outdoors or indoors
- Low price
- Low speed
3. Best for Realistic Design: Power Wheels Trail Racer Electric 4 Wheeler for Kids Aged 3-7
Max Speed: 6 MPH (Forward); 9 MPH (Reverse)
Item Weight: 11.29 KG
Dimensions: 45.75 x 30 x 31.58 Inches
Load Capacity: 65 Pounds (29.5 KG)
Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0
We picked out Power Wheels Trail Racer as the best electric 4 wheeler for kids in terms of a realistic design. The ride-on vehicle drives smoothly on rugged terrains like wet grass and mud at a maximum speed of 6 mph (forward), bringing your kid a safe but realistic driving experience.
With a load capacity of 65 lbs, this electric vehicle toy is suitable for kids aged 3 to 7. Thanks to the high-speed, parent-controlled lockout and power-lock brakes, safety is no longer an issue that concerns you and your kids. Just press the green button, and your little riders are bound to enjoy a funny and awesome adventure.
- An awesome and realistic racing adventure
- Good for kids aged 3-7
- Safe to drive
- Works smoothly on rough surfaces
4. Best for Older Riders: Razor Dirt Quad 500 – 36V Electric 4 Wheeler for Kids Aged 14+
Max Speed: 9 MPH
Dimensions: 50.4 x 28.7 x 31 Inches
Item Weight: 60.89 KG
Load Capacity: 220 Pounds
Rating: 4.4 out of 5.0
Razor is a brand well-known for providing customers with fearless fun and thrilling driving. The Dirt Quad 500 – 36V Electric 4 Wheeler for kids is a good example.
This electric ride-on vehicle is produced in a larger frame, making it a perfect choice for riders up to 220 lbs. Tackling rough surfaces with this electric quad will be a piece of cake due to the robust 500W motor and high-torque gear set.
The 36V sealed battery is rechargeable and guarantees a continuous use of 68 minutes after each full charge. Other impressive features like the weather-resistant and durable frame, active rear suspension, hand-operated brake system, and soft rubber grips are also why we added this electric 4 wheeler from Razor to the list.
- A perfect option for kids aged 14+
- High load capacity
- Durable and weather-resistant frame
- Drives smoothly on rugged terrains
- Offers a thrilling and joyful riding experience
- Strong high-torque motor
- Famous brand
- Very high price
5. Best for Sturdiness: Peg Perego 12V Electric 4 Wheeler for Kids with Multicolor Options
Speed: 2-5 MPH
Item Weight: 41.4 Pounds
Item Dimensions: 25 x 27.75 x 29.5 Inches
Load Capacity: 85 Pounds
Rating: 4.6 out of 5.0
Among the existing 531 ratings on Amazon, most people gave a good rating because of the sturdiness the Peg Perego Polaris Outlaw Citrus electric 4 wheeler provides.
Thanks to a load capacity of 85 lbs, children aged 3-7 will have a lot of fun exploring with this ride-on toy. The off-road wheels absorb the shock very well and ensure a stable and safe use even on rugged terrains, such as dirt, grass, and gravel. However, riding this electric 4 wheeler in sand is not suggested, which may cause internal damage.
- Top-speed lockout
- 12V rechargeable battery
- Two-speed modes
- Shock absorbing
- Large all-terrain wheels
- Not work in sand
6. Best for Cute Design: Kid Trax Disney Minnie Mouse Electric 4 Wheeler for Toddlers
Max Speed: 1.5 MPH
Item Weight: 6.2 Pounds
Item Dimensions: 27.5 x 17 x 20 Inches
Load Capacity: 45 Pounds
Rating: 4.6 out of 5.0
The Kid Trax electric ride-on toy is designed in the form of a Disney Minnie Mouse, which is the best option for kids who are Minne lovers. The unique Minne Mouse style provides your child with hours of fun and excitement.
Coming with a smaller frame, this electric 4 wheeler is highly suitable for toddlers. According to the specifications listed by the manufacturer, the electric vehicle can hold up to 45 lbs and is designed for kids aged 18-30 months. The low-speed design and durable tires ensure that your little drivers can travel safely on different surfaces.
Moreover, no complex move is required to accelerate this electric vehicle toy. Just push the button, and your little riders are going to have safe yet adventurous racing.
- Cute Disney Minnie Mouse design
- Easy to accelerate
- Safe to use
- Good for toddlers
- Affordable price
- Not suit older kids
7. Best for Pink Option: Power Wheels Barbie Pink Racing Electric 4 Wheeler
Max Speed: 6 MPH
Item Weight: 56.1 Pounds
Item Dimensions: 44.09 x 29.13 x 26.97 Inches
Load Capacity: 65 Pounds
Rating: 4.6 out of 5.0
Power Wheels Barbie Pink Racing Toy is considered the best pink electric 4 wheeler for kids on our list. The design and bright color will appeal to your little princess.
Powered by a 12V rechargeable battery, the electric ride-on toy can drive on rough terrains with no damage caused at a max speed of 6 MPH (forward). The top-speed lockout design and power-lock brakes ensure the safety of your little drivers while riding this vehicle toy.
- Pink option
- Works well on rough surfaces
- High-speed lockout
- Parent controlled
- Suitable for kids aged 3-7
- Expert assembly is charged extra
8. Amazon’s Choice: Best Choice Products 12V Ride-On Electric 4-Wheeler for Kids
Max Speed: 3.7 MPH
Material: ABS Plastic and Metal
Item Weight: 46.3 Pounds
Item Dimensions: 39.5 x 26 x 29.5 Inches
Load Capacity: 66 Pounds
Rating: 4.3 out of 5.0
Featuring a cool design, this electric 4 wheeler from Best Choice Products is one of the best electric ride-on toys selected by Amazon. The four large wheels tackle dirt, grass, sidewalks, and driveways very well. The sparkling LED headlights and realistic features will make your kids stick out and enrich their imagination for adventures while riding.
Besides, the wireless BlueTooth connection makes it possible for your kids to relish the music they like during ATV racing. With a max speed of 3.7 mph, little riders can drive forward/reverse and accelerate at will. The long-lasting rechargeable battery lasts 90 minutes after a single charge, and the electric 4 wheeler holds kids up to 66 lbs.
- Offer an authentic and thrilling driving experience
- Wireless BlueTooth connection
- The battery has a long running time
- Cool design with LED headlights
- The speed could be higher.