Strength training and compound exercises such as push-ups are excellent for toning muscles in the upper back, chest, arms, and biceps. Push-ups, however, may put a lot of strain on your joints and muscles, which can lead to some serious injury. To avoid possible injury, here comes a push up board.
A push up board is a great alternative to the traditional push-ups with your hands and knees on the floor. When you use a push-up board, your wrists are elevated, and you can conduct pushups without pain.
Push up boards come in a wide variety of designs. If you’re in the market for a push up board, we’ve done the legwork for you and compiled a list of the best options for your home gym.
Discover the 8 best push up board reviews currently available by reading on.
In this article,
- Our picks for the best push up boards
- Other popular home gym workout equipment for push up exercise
- How to choose the right push up board
- Pushup boards benefits: are push up boards any good
- How to use a push up board
- Push up board workout plan
- FAQs about push up boards
Our Picks for the Best Push Up Boards
- Best For Upper Body Strength: POWER PRESS Push Up Board with 30+ Combo Positions
- Lightweight Option: LALAHIGH Upgraded Push Up Board (15 in 1 Push Up Bar)
- Best for Multipurpose Home Gym: Upgraded and Multifunctional Push Up Board (20 in 1 Push-Up Bar)
- Best Value: AERLANG Portable Push Up Board (10 in 1 Push Up Bar)
- Best for Strength Training: Hotwave Push Up Board for Full Body Workout
- Best All-In-One: LALAHIGH Ultimate Push Up board
- Best For Beginners: Foldable Push Up Board for Muscle Training
- Best for Stylish Design: O-CONN 360° Upgraded Push Up Board (Rotatable Push Up Bar)
1. Best For Upper Body Strength: POWER PRESS Push Up Board with 30+ Combo Positions
Dimensions: 24.5 x 17 x 3.5 inches
Item Weight: 4100 Grams
Weight Limit: 300 Pounds
Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
If you’re looking to build strength in your arms and shoulders, this push up board is a great tool. Hand grips on the push up bar can be positioned in multiple color-coded positions to accommodate a variety of workouts. The Power Press YouTube channel offers 30+ workouts, a strength training calendar, and video tutorials for free.
Heavy-duty construction ensures that the POWER PRESS Push Up Board can withstand 300 pounds. The open layout encourages proper posture and a wide range of positions, both of which are necessary for optimal performance.
To prevent injury and maximize performance, this tool encourages proper technique. Traditional pressups put a lot of strain on your hands and wrists, but these hand grips alleviate that. Two extra-large, premium comfort hand grips are included with the Power Press push up board.
Start-Up, Rev-Up, and Explosion are the three phases of the strength and conditioning program. All phases include Power Press push-ups, plyometrics, core exercises, and cardio. With this amazing burnout board, you can build muscles, strengthen your upper and lower body, burn calories, and lose weight in just 30 minutes a day.
2. Lightweight Option: LALAHIGH Upgraded Push Up Board (15 in 1 Push Up Bar)
Targeted Areas: Tricep, chest, abs, back workout
Item Weight: 3.1 lbs
Weight Limit: 300 pounds
Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
The ideal solution is LALAHIGH’s best at-home workout gear. To get the most out of your workout, use this push up board, which is color-coded to provide multiple, highly effective pushup postures.
You can do all of your strength and resistance training and cardio exercises in the comfort of your own home with LALAHIGH’s 15 in 1 push up board set, including a Pilates board, booty bands, an 8-shape resistance band set, and a free jumping rope.
LALAHIGH’s goal is to provide you and your family with high-quality home fitness equipment you can rely on. Improvements in quality and efficiency have been shown to burn 30-50% more calories than previous designs.
This new push up board is all you need to target specific body parts, burn fat, build muscles, and enhance your legs and abdomen curves. Using a pilates board and resistance bands, you can create the body you’ve always dreamed of. Moreover, you can use a high-quality resistance band set to get the benefits of free weight training.
Level 3 of the Booty Bands for legs and buttocks are non-slip and have a high level of resistance without losing their elasticity over time. Tensioner slim down, improve body contours, get rid of arm fat, tone legs, and create the body of your dreams with these effective arms and leg workouts. A long-lasting door cleat strengthens your core and builds lean muscle with door anchors that can be used for various workouts!
3. Best for Multipurpose Home Gym: Upgraded and Multifunctional Push Up Board (20 in 1 Push-Up Bar)
Targeted Areas: Back, arm, chest, and shoulder
Tension: 250 pounds
Weight Limit: 300 pounds
Rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars
To get the most out of your workout, use this upgraded push up board, which features a variety of highly effective push-up postures. These target multiple muscle groups specifically. Strength training, cardio exercise, and resistance workouts can all be done in the privacy of your own home, thanks to the 20-in-1 push bar Set!
Modern push up boards target multiple muscle groups at once, including the chest, shoulders, and arms (i.e. the triceps, biceps, and back). It has been scientifically proven for 30 to 50 per cent more muscle activation. Follow the step-by-step instructions and professional training advice provided for a total-body push up board workout.
ABS Ductile plastic is used to construct the push up board, giving it a high degree of toughness. It is eco-friendly and long-lasting to use resistance bands made of natural latex. Handles that evenly distribute weight help to reduce joint stress. Non-slip plugs are also included to keep your body in place while you work out.
You can easily transport, store, and use this portable home gym set. A variety of people of all ages can benefit from the board’s unique design. Even if you’re a seasoned gym-goer, this portable gym push up board is a great addition to your workout regimen. It’s ideal for toning your body on the go!
What is in the Package
1 × main base (the push up board), 2 × static handles, 2 × dynamic handles, 4 × tension elastics, 2 × ankle straps, 1 × door anchor, 1 × training guide, non-slip pad, 1 × packing box, and 1 × drawstring bag.
4. Best Value: AERLANG Portable Push Up Board (10 in 1 Push Up Bar)
Dimensions: 25.2 x 9.45 x 1.18 inches
Item Weight: 2.43 pounds
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
The AERLANG push up board can be your home fitness trainer, ensuring you train safely and efficiently. You can save cash and effort at the gym by using your free time to exercise.
The foldable push up board is made of thick and high-strength material. The design can accommodate a wide range of shoulder sizes. Because the weight is distributed more evenly, less stress is placed on athletes’ wrists and elbow joints, allowing them to perform at their highest level. When you’re working out, multiple non-slip plugs provided by the 10 in 1 push-up bar set keep your body in place.
Besides, this 10-in-1 push up board is color-coded for pectorals, abs, arms, back of the neck, and upper back. An instructional manual is coming along to assist you in your learning process.
To target a specific muscle group, you can place the handle in a specific position on the push up board. Fitness enthusiasts and professional athletes will benefit from this fitness tool, which can be tailored to accomplish professional sports results and aid in your exercise routines, helping you achieve a good body.
5. Best for Strength Training: Hotwave Push Up Board for Full Body Workout
Dimensions: 25.8 x 10 x 4.5 inches
Targeted Areas: Shoulder, chest, biceps, abs, and back
Weight Limit: 300 Pounds
Rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars
This upgraded push-up board targets specific muscle groups (i.e. chest, shoulder, abs, bicep, back) with HOTWAVE technology. More pushup angles can be achieved by combining various color postures, and detailed instructions are supplied with professional training guidance for a more effective and professional training session.
Using this foldable push up board, you can train with the Exercise Guide’s color-coded methods. Strength training, resistance training, and cardio training are all possible when using this device in conjunction with an exercise band set—the best of both worlds.
All ages can benefit from this Portable Home Gym’s innovative design. You can create an abundance of video tutorials for working out. Burn calories and lose weight with practical plyometric exercises and an ab-shredding routine, whether you are a beginner or a pro. Effective weight loss and body shaping is the key feature of this push-up board.
In addition, the push up board is more about press-ups. You can perform strength exercises for more muscle groups by combining the board with door and ankle buckles.
6. Best All-In-One: LALAHIGH Ultimate Push Up Board
Targeted Areas: Back, arm, chest, and shoulder
Tension: 250 pounds
Weight Limit: 300 pouches
Rating: 4.1 out of 5 stars
This is the best folding pushup board color-coded for numerous highly effective pushup positions. In the Lalahigh all-in-one gym set, resistance bands, pilate boards, and jump rope are just a few of the home gym accessories available. It lets you get an ab trainer, strength exercises, and cardio all in one convenient location!
These Push up boards target different muscles (chest, shoulder triceps, biceps, and back) while simultaneously engaging your core. It has been scientifically proven to work for 30 to 50 per cent more muscle activation. You’ll get detailed instructions and professional guidance to get the most out of your full-body workout.
With this foldable push up board, you can perform a variety of effective pushups. The resistance band set can be used with the board to provide an all-in-one home workout.
The portable push up board can be taken with you and stored easily. Because of its unique design, it is appropriate for people of all ages and fitness levels. Even if you’ve never worked out, this home fitness equipment will help you get in shape in minutes. It’s ideal for toning your body on the go!
What is in the Package
1 × main base (the pushup board), 4 × tension elastics, 2 × dynamic handles, 2 × static handles, 1 × door anchor, 2 × ankle straps, 1 × jump rope, 1 × 3 section bar, non-slip pad, 1 × training guide, 1 ×drawstring bag, and 1 × packing box.
7. Best For Beginners: Foldable Push Up Board for Muscle Training
Dimensions: 26.5 x 10.3 x 3 inches
Item Weight: 1.1 kg
Targeted Areas: Chest, arm, back, and abdominal
Rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars
This 10-in-1 pushup board is multifunctional and fun because it is color-coded for specific muscle groups: chest, abdomen, arms, and back. Make use of the push up board by positioning the handle in a specific way to target the muscles you want to work out. Supplemental instructions and illustrations can be used to create a high-quality muscle-building manual. A good workout can be fun, too, if you know how to decipher the various colors.
An ABS plastic push rod is used for its upper portion, making it durable and difficult to break. The non-slip handle helps reduce stress and strain on the user’s wrist and elbow. Additional anti-skid plugs can keep the handle of support in place while you work out.
When it comes to working out, a putter tailored to the needs of professional athletes can help you get the body you’ve always dreamed of having.
8. Best for Stylish Design: O-CONN 360° Upgraded Push Up Board (Rotatable Push Up Bar)
Dimensions: 16.9 x 10 x 3.54 inches
Item Weight: 3.5 pounds
Weight Limit: 300 Pounds
Rating: 4.7 out of 5
You’re never on your own when it comes to achieving your ideal fitness physique. It’s more than just a piece of exercise equipment when you use an O-CONN push up board. With this magical O-CONN push-up board, you’ll get a more standard press-up position and a stronger sense of muscle contraction. You’ll feel your high point muscles activated even before staying in the highest position. You’ll get even more out of your workouts thanks to the scientific training combination.
Definitely, the best push-up equipment that’s revolutionizing the fitness industry!
Various workouts with this burnout board can strengthen your chest, arms, shoulders, and abs. Work out your upper body muscles and get the body you’ve always wanted!
If you’re looking for a high-quality piece of exercise equipment, look no further than this bad boy. It has a reinforced and improved bottom and handles to keep you from slipping during your workout.
Other Popular Home Gym Workout Equipment for Push Up Exercise
Push Up Bars for Strength Training With Ergonomic Push-up Bracket Board
Dimensions: 8.7 x 5.1 x 4.1
Item Weight: 1.16 lb（530g for each pushup stand)
Weight Limit: 330 Pounds
Rating: 4.4 out of 5
Depending on the exercise you’re doing, the slanted design allows for a more vibrant range of motion. The chest, triceps, abs, and back muscles, in particular, benefit greatly from their use. At home or in the gym, these pushup bars are a breeze to use and are suitable for both men and women. With such a tool, you can increase your range of motion and target muscles more effectively.
The pushup bars have a unique design that can safeguard your wrist from injury during the workout. Push-ups will be easier and safer with this device, which eases strain and protects the wrists.
Rubber feet on the pushup bars keep them stable on various floor types without slipping. This is because they are ergonomically designed for good load-bearing and corrosion protection.
Perfect Fitness All-in-One Home Gym Set for Perfect Pushup
Dimensions: 10.08 x 8.43 x 6.3 inches
Item Weight: 1 Pound
Weight Limit: 400 Pounds
Rating: 4.7 out of 5
With a rotating push-up stand, you can target a wide range of muscles and build strength and definition in your upper body. By distributing weight evenly, ergonomic grips alleviate wrist and elbow pain and pressure points.
Steel ball bearings that are built to last and provide smooth rotation are added to this Perfect V2 Pushup. The bottoms of the handles have treads to keep them firmly in place on any surface.
In terms of design, the Perfect Pushup stand is regarded as one of the simplest pushup devices ever made. Each handle is attached to a rotating base with a large, non-slip grip. An additional spiral design can be found at the bottom of the base.
This rotation is intended to work the arms, shoulders, chest, back, and abs muscles. It transforms a pushup from a chest-centric exercise into one that works your entire upper body. Another advantage of this design is that you can perform much deeper pushups because you are a few inches above the ground.
How to Choose the Right Push Up Board
Using push up boards instead of heavy machines and heavyweight equipment can help you get more out of your minimal workout routine. Push-ups are a great way to build strength and agility in the areas that matter most. You can increase the intensity of a standard press by raising the handles and padding them comfortably.
Keep reading to learn more about the best materials, design specifications, and features when purchasing a new pushup board.
Stability & Height
The best push up boards have a good height, so your limbs aren’t too close to the floor. In addition, their superior stability makes it possible to maintain a proper posture while still feeling relaxed.
Consideration must be given to both height and stability, which can help enhance your muscles’ capacity to shrink and expand rapidly by increasing their range of motion.
Materials & Design Specifications
Push up boards come in a wide variety of styles and materials, making it easy to find one that fits your needs. Two evenly spaced U-shaped handles support lifting and lowering movements. Rotatable handles, for example, are a common feature of cutting-edge designs. The handles can be twisted to the left and right as the user moves up and down, making the burnout boards incredibly convenient.
Push-ups may be difficult for you if you find it challenging to maintain your balance and keep your range of motion wide. These push up boards will help sustain your core muscles and improve your performance if you use them. Plastic and steel are the most common materials used to make these boards, but they can take on a variety of shapes, sizes, and textures. Here are a few typical choices:
- Materials such as steel and metal offer excellent value while providing long-term durability.
- People who have problems with hand sweating or slippage should steer clear of plastic boards, which are the least expensive option.
- Push-up boards made of square blocks are popular because of their small size and lightweight.
Steel or plastic handles that bite into your hand is the most annoying and distracting of all. Stabilizing your wrists and hands while maintaining a comfortable grip is made possible by cushioned handles with defensive foam coverings. Handles with plenty of cushioning will make it easier to maintain a firm grip and avoid slipping.
Push-ups are difficult for most people because of the strain they put on their wrists and arms. Cushioned handles can alleviate this pressure to maintain a steady grip and a consistent movement pattern. Unpadded handles, on the other hand, cause forearm, hand, and chest pain.
Pushup Board Benefits: Are Push Up Boards Any Good?
Push-ups are a tried-and-true exercise, but one disadvantage is that they put the wrists in a vulnerable position.
Numerous people complain of wrist pain due to a lack of movement and grip strength in their wrists. Pressure on the wrist can be relieved by placing your hands, forearms, and wrists in a straight line while doing push-ups with a pushup board.
Push-Ups Can Be Done In A Variety Of Ways
Push-up variability is another big advantage of using a push up board over a regular push-up. While it is possible to perform the various variations on the ground, this puts your wrists and other joints at risk. Basically, a push-up board provides a more stable and safer training surface.
Double As Parallettes
Push up boards aren’t just for doing push-ups; they can also be used to practice more advanced gymnastic exercises. Push-up boards allow you to perform difficult movements such as handstands, planche push-ups, and L-sit on a flat surface.
As you don’t have to worry about getting your hands exactly where they should be with fixed position handles, beginning and intermediate athletes can get a better workout.
Additionally, it raises the body’s inclination angle, allowing for a greater range of motion. Muscle growth and flexibility are enhanced due to increased range of motion.
Best Pushup Equipment in Terms of Price
The cost of a product is a determining factor in whether or not it is worth purchasing. If you’re looking for a push-up board, you can easily get one for around $30 to $50 on the market.
How to Use a Push Up Board
Push up boards can be used in the following ways:
- Prepare a flat surface for the push-up board.
- Ascertain which muscle you intend to target by putting the handles in their proper color-coded positions and then tightening them.
- Begin by gripping each handle with an overhand (pronated) grasp as soon as the board is prepared.
- A straight line should be maintained throughout the movement by putting your hands directly below your shoulders.
- Your shoulders should be just a few inches away from the handles of the push up board as you lower your torso towards it.
- Explosively get back to where you started.
- Take a moment at the top and contract the muscles you’re targeting.
Push Up Board Workout Plan
The eight-week program provided below is guaranteed to improve your push-up strength. Make double sure to include a lot of abdominal work in your push-up routine, as this area is critical to the exercise.
We are ready to go now!
Weeks 1 and 2
As a first step, you should run a quick pre-test. Do as many push-ups as possible, paying attention to your form and not pausing at any point during the exercise. Make a note of the outcomes.
- This is the starting point for your experimentation. Avoid pre-test training if you’ve recently worked on your shoulders, triceps, or chest. This will allow you to perform at your peak.
- Begin by aiming for the most push-ups you can do. Take your pre-test results and multiply them by four. As an illustration, if you are able to complete 20 reps, your new target is 80. As many sets as it takes to get to 80 reps are now on the agenda. On your first set, you may achieve 20 points, 15 points, 12 points, and so forth, as long as you meet the total goal for the set.
- Rest for one minute among sets for the first week. Take a 30-second break during the second week of training. In addition, try to reduce the total number of sets required to reach your target.
- A minimum of two times per week, go through this process.
- Bench press, front raises, close-grip bench press, shoulder press, and dips are all good options for assistance training. But keep in mind, you don’t want to go too heavy.
Weeks 3 and 4
By now, you’re doing a lot of repetitions with a short rest period. Keep your rest to a minimal level for the next two weeks, increasing the frequency of your workouts and your total number of repetitions. As a result, your muscle strength and stamina will be enhanced on a broad scale.
- Three times per week is a good starting point. Don’t fear your strength training sessions interfering with your push-up routine. By now, you should have gotten used to training more frequently.
- To reach your original target of 150 per cent of total reps, push yourself to do even more reps. Your fresh overall number of reps should be 120 for the example above. Don’t worry about the number; just keep going until you meet your new goal.
- The rest period should not exceed 30 seconds. To maximize the number of repetitions per set, you should aim to reduce the gap between sets.
- Keep to the rules of technique and form.
Weeks 5 and 6
Increase frequency and reps while decreasing rest time for the next two weeks. Since you’ll be doing a lot of repetitions, you might as well experiment with some different hand placements and angles.
- Increase the number of times you visit four per week.
- Reduce rest intervals between sets by 15 seconds.
- Increase the total number of repetitions by 50%. This would be 160 in the preceding example.
- When it comes to hand placement, experiment with a variety of positions and angles for your hands and elbows.
- Maintain your form in the inspection. This cannot be emphasized enough. Doing more reps at the expense of quality isn’t a good idea right now.
Weeks 7 and 8
Supplementing your routine resistance training program during the final two weeks will increase the difficulty, to say the least. Once again, increase the number of repetitions and decrease the rest between sets. Make the push-up a little more difficult by incorporating a few new and difficult techniques.
- Increase the number of times you visit five per week.
- Rest periods should be no longer than 15 seconds. Start with short rest periods for the first few sets and work your way up to closer to 15 seconds as the sets go on.
- Based on your starting rep count, you’ll be able to complete an additional 50% more reps. Is that correct? If so, your new total would be 200.
- Continue to experiment with different hand and elbow placements.
- As part of your workout, perform several sets of elevated pushups with your feet elevated and with your hands elevated.
- Maintain your form in inspection once again.
It’s Time To Put Your Knowledge To The Test
Your post-test is right around the corner. Do it accurately as you did in the pre-test. You should be seeing a significant increase in the number of repetitions and overall strength, power, and shoulder stability this time.
Sit back and enjoy your newfound strength and push-up prowess after the eight weeks are up. To challenge yourself, you can continue at your current level or begin the program from scratch.
FAQs about Push Up Boards
1. Is a Push Up Board Effective or a Waste of Money?
You can use a push up board to target a wide range of muscle groups with minimal effort. Pushups are a worthwhile investment of time and effort, providing numerous health benefits.
2. Are Push Up Boards Good for Beginners?
People of any age and fitness level will benefit from the pushup board’s many uses. Even if you don’t use the push up board for every variation, it makes it much easier to get the most out of the exercises if you’re just starting.
3. Can You Build Muscle With a Push Up Board?
Although it can be difficult to engage all of the muscles in your body when working out at home, the push-up board will be here to help. You can get one bit closer to your health goals by working out your shoulders, triceps, chest, and back with the burnout board for pushups.
4. Do Push Up Boards Make It Easier?
Push up boards make it much easier to perform push-ups by relieving the strain on the targeted muscles and joints. In addition, they will help you maintain the correct position by letting you lift and dip your arms in a favorable spot.
5. How Many Pushups Should I Do A Day?
Start with two sets of 5-6 pushups per day, laying down for one minute between each set. As your strength improves, progressively increase the number of repetitions and sets.
There can be no understating the relevance of determining the appropriate training and comfort fit. You can now get more out of your workout by making push-ups relatively easy with the best push-up boards mentioned above.
Let’s say you’re not a fan of push-ups, but you’d like to give them a test run to build up your arm strength. Push-up boards are a handy tool if you’re looking to build muscle and stamina while also achieving your fitness objectives.
Find out what each product offers by looking for the features and functions listed above. We recommend reading customer reviews if you want to see past the manufacturer’s hype.