BEST DJ CONTROLLERS COLLECTION FOR YOU
2-channel DJ controllers and 4-channel DJ controllers show how many routes to play the music. Each channel indicates that you play the sound of that channel and change the function individually for that channel. Some DJ controllers are for virtual DJ and Ipad.
- The Best Brands
- When to clean your DJ consoles?
Clean your DJ consoles at least once a week.
- How to clean your DJ controller?
A microfiber cleaning cloth （prevent scratching)
A soft cotton cloth (absorbant)
Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol)
Use a slightly dampened cotton cloth to wipe away sweat, dirt, and dust.
Avoid transparent surfaces, as they can be easily scratched.
Do not put too much water on the cloth to avoid damaging the electronics.
Use an air can to remove the dust accumulated in the fader slot.
Use a microfiber cleaning cloth to wipe the dust from the entire controller. This is especially effective for dust stuck to the knobs.
Clean the faders with a paintbrush to remove any remaining dust.
Use isopropyl alcohol to remove bacteria from your equipment.
Let the controller dry before putting it in the case.
- Connect the right cable from the output terminal of the DJ consoles to the DJ consoles.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the dedicated channel at the back of the mixer.
- What is your level?
- What kind of connections do you need?
- What is the best DJ software?
- What's your "best DJ controllers" budget?
- DJ Controller
A DJ controller means an all-in-one device with a mixer and two turntables to connect with DJ software laptops.
- What is included:
Crossfader/ Effects pad control/ EQ knobs/ 2 turntable jog wheels/ 2 to 4 channels/ digital display/ DJ software
A USB connection, a phone/ line input, a master out, and a microphone input
- DJ Mixer
DJ mixer is a hardware device, and you don't have to rely on a laptop and DJ software. CDJs, speakers, instruments, and turntables are necessary. They should be inserted into each channel.
- What is included:
2 or 4 channels, master effects control buttons, EQ knobs, channel effects control buttons, crossfader.
A USB connection, phone/line input, microphone input, master out, MIDI output, headphone output, earth ground terminals, AC mains
It does not include the turntable jog wheel. A separate turntable device connection is necessary.
- Beginner DJ consoles cost about $250.
- The average for 4 channels + 8 PADs + a standalone mixer is $1,237.
- Autonomous DJ controllers that don't require a computer will be more expensive, costing up to $2,299.
- All-in-one DJ controllers cost about $1,392
- DJ consoles with four channels cost about $1,194.
- DJ controllers with DVS compatibility are about $1,202.
- DJ consoles with a standalone mixer are about $1,102.
- Pioneer DJ controllers are $1,053 or so.
By connecting it to a computer via USB, the DJ controller works. You should install the DJ software on the computer.
After connecting the computer and the DJ controller, the computer will automatically transfer the tracks to the working wheel and DJ controller. You can start mixing the tracks.
After that, the signal is transferred to the computer until it is finally transmitted to speakers, amplifiers, and other related audio devices.
- Cords types
- RCA cords: It is a typical type. They are connected to the white and red ports at the controller's back.
- 1/4” cords: As the most common types, they work as connections between the PA system and the controller.
Another thing you should consider is the PA system or the speakers.
- Types of speakers
- Unpowered Speakers: The inbuilt amplifier is not included. The current supply is not needed.
Power speakers are the usual choices.
The unpowered ones provide better portability.
2. Then establish a connection between the controller and the computer. Make sure the computer's drivers are up to date, along with the latest MIDI maps.
3. The audio interface and the interface are linked together with a USB cable. Check the DJ software to make sure the two components are linked correctly.
4. After completing the above steps, the sound will be ready to play. The speaker will not produce sound because it is only played inside the software.
5. Now turn on the power to your PA amp. Make sure to follow these steps, the DJ controller will last longer without popping and feedback pings.
6. For the first time, you must make sure that the sound is set to maximum. Check for any distortion or audio clipping.
If there is any slight distortion, the entire operation should be terminated, as it may damage the entire setup.
If possible, turn to an engineer or an experienced DJ for help.